- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup instant cooking grits
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 strips bacon, each sliced into 10 pieces
- 1/2 orange pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 4 scallions
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning, or more to taste
In a large pan bring milk and stock to a boil. Slowly add grits, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, being sure there are no lumps. Continue stirring for 5-8 minutes until grits thicken. Cover with a lid and let sit for 5 minutes. Add Parmesan and set aside.
Heat a large skillet and add the bacon. Cook while stirring so as not to burn until it is semi crisp. Add the peppers and cook while stirring until peppers are softened. Add shrimp and Creole seasoning and cook through until shrimp is opaque. About 8 minutes. Add the chicken stock and scallions. Stir well and serve over grits.