- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Ouzo or Anisette (don’t leave this out)
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, 1/3 cup juices reserved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
Toss shrimp, 1 Tablespoon oil, 1 Tablespoon Ouzo or Anisette, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside and prepare sauce.
Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
Add onion, green pepper, and sauté until translucent and vegetables begin to release their moisture, 3-5 minutes. Continue cooking and stirring until softened. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. About 1 minute. Add tomatoes and reserved juice, wine, and remaining Ouzo or Anisette. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors have melded and sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium low and add shrimp. Cover and cook until shrimp are opaque, 6-9 minutes. Remove pan from heat and sprinkle with Feta. Then, garnish with the dill.