- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup shelled peas
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- a few cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Add potatoes to a large saucepan, cover with water and boil about fifteen minutes or until soft. Drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile, place peas in another small saucepan, cover with water and boil about 8 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
Soak bread 5 minutes in a bowl of warm water while boiling the vegetables. Squeeze as much water as possible from the bread and set aside.
Mash potatoes and all the seasonings. Stir well to combine. Add peas, bread, and cilantro and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
Wet hands slightly and using an ice cream scoop, scoop potato mixture into your hands and form into patties and flatten them until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat until nice and hot. Add the patties and cook about 4 minutes on each side.
Serve hot. Enjoy!