- 3 boneless pork chops
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley for garnish
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and paprika on both sides. Sear in the hot pan for 5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness and/or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan, place on a plate and set aside.
Melt butter in the same pan and add the onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Sauté for about 1 minute. Add the stock and allow to reduce for a couple of minutes. Add the cream or half and half and simmer. Adjust seasoning and add chili flakes if desired.
Roughly chop the baby spinach and add to the pan until wilted. Add Parmesan.
Simmer another minute and add the pork chops back to the pan until heated through.